Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

T + 394. More Insomniac Brain farts...

Hgb
WBC
PLTS
NTS


Weight: 61.8 kg


sheeeeeeeyyit


Hey presto snapped awake at 01.30 am this morning so you get the benefit of extra added extra this day.

Well why I should have thought having a curry last night was a good idea is beyond me. I thought korma was supposed to be light weight - sat here for 30 minutes getting it down like eating glowing charcoal briquettes and gulping down mouthfuls of water to sooth my poor mouth. Ulcers deffo resurgent so tacrolimus and prednisolone mouthwashes have been upped to 3x per day each alternately to try and send them on their merry way.This does not bode well for the current pain management measures - they need to hit me up with something from next cabinet!

Got to see Victoria Potter (Consultant) yesterday and the news is pretty much the same, going to be here over the weekend and into the beginning of next week so the levels of CMV can be further reduced by IV ganciclovir before I get released back into the wild. One change is that I'm not having so many salts or bags of NAC infused so I definitely feel less bloated it was getting to the point where I could feel saline bubbling up in the back of my throat or running out of my nose if I leaned forward. I'm sure the nurses and docs don't believe that it happens but you get 2 - 3 litres of this stuff in you and it goes in faster than you can process it, so you get water retention. Feel very safe under Dr Potters care as she has stuck with my case consistently since I hit problems, whereas last year all the consultants kept chopping and changing. and I found that I was starting from the ground up each time.

Jeannette is making the trek up from East Sussex to see me tomorrow which I am looking forward to - looking after Milo has meant she's been pinned down since I was admitted and we've been relying on email and Skype. It also means I get some clean schmutter and a stock of goodies from 'outside' where people be  - really looking forward to seeing her.  Had a listen to our song and a bit of a <snif> just now.

Got an email from my eldest son earlier this evening - he's preparing for his degree finals in Law at Nottingham and asked me to give his paper the once over because he thought his grammar might be a bit strangled and as anyone who has been following this blog will know I speak English right fucking good.

So erm well what can I say? I read the statement at the top of the doc which was to form the basis of the relative points to be discussed in the 6k word paper and it might have been have been ants walking up and down the page for all I understood. Not because it was in any way poorly written - more that he is now fluent in a language of legalese in which I am palpably not and I was pretty much scoobied reading it. I was thinking so is that bit actually the question or not and OK OK any spelling mistakes I can correct or commas I can delete on track changes to prove I've looked at it. I really was as much use as a chocolate teapot and realised probably for the first time that contrary to what his FB page might indicate, his time there hasn't just involved arseing it up in the student union and clubbing but actual proper learning. I did however put some nice word art teddy bears in the corners of the pages for him. They'll love that when marking his paper.

I will be very proud when he achieves his degree later this year and probably wet eyed at the presentation. My younger sister is the only other person in our family to have proceeded this far and it makes me happy to know that although the world is now such a more cut-throat place with zero hours contracts and unpaid work experience, at least with a degree qualification and youth he can piss off to wherever he wants for a year, the States or Australia to hunt down opportunity. Something I came to regret not doing when I had the chance - a degree now is minimum entry level  for most jobs whereas I skated by with 5 crappy 0 levels back in the 70s and 80s, but surprisingly still found work very easily - I doubt the current generation will have such an easy ride. Did manage to do a lot of travelling though - it was just starting to get cool in the 70s/80s.

I think the bunch of poor sods who got their  mickey mouse degrees under the last labour government are now finally managing their expectations re where their media studies or social studies degree actually gets them and are getting a job - any job. I worry that I have oversold to Callum - but see that he has formed a broad social circle is popular and intelligent and think thus that Uni has been worth it and with a decent work ethic he should be ok. The management bullshit may run deep in this one.

Just went down to the nurses station to get a cup of chocolate - and walking back was looking through some of the other patients windows. Everybody looks completely shattered just laying back prone and sleeping. Wish I could get some of that. I'm  downloading Abbey Road fancy a bit of that, must remember to back all this up.

Wow - 8402 page views at close of business today! Welcome to my two new readers from  Nigeria and Kazhakstan! I am flummoxed that this tosh gets looked at so much. Still think I should have done something with Jezza Bingo from last year though....

So got more hot chocolate eating a bag of nuts and raisin trail mix and waiting for tiredness.

laters sleepyheads.

4am wake up! Must sleep during the course of today it's truly bizarre I've got into this pattern of 90 minutes on 90 minutes off. So now listening to some Mike Oldfield in the hope it'll lull me off. When I wake now I'm immediately aware that my cheek is throbbing from where my teeth have pushed into the cheek ulcers whilst I am asleep - its very disappointing to be getting these little bastards back but if I had the choice between this and the colitis and trots I know which I'd be choosing! when I was here last year the ward was chocker this year it appears about 25% empty and the punters are a lot older - theres only one other below 60 I'd hazard which is great if thety're all here for BMT as it shows a distinct change of tack. Mind you wonder how I'd cope if I were ten years older ....

No comments:

Post a Comment