Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 March 2014

T + 385.'Ere Mate! Are they real Adamantium?

11/03/2014

Bloods

Haemoglobin:           91
White Blood Cells:   2.97
Platelets:                  31
Neutrophils:             2.47

Weight: 62.4 kg

So today pretty much marks the first week of being back in Kings. Re the bloods, well some measurements have dropped off a wee bit. I've been given a bag of platelets and a bag of O+ blood today to boost Haemoglobin and Platelet counts in anticipation of going over to Guys Hospital Tomorrow for Photo-pheresis treatment because apparently a platelet count of above 50 is preferable if you're going to be moved about and poked and prodded.

Still waiting to hear back from the Bone Marrow Biopsy test and have also been told that I need to do a glucose absorption test over a 5 hour period tonight, so they're sure pulling out all the stops and looking at every option.  The team have stopped with the morphine jabs now (shame) as the stomach grumbles and cramps are hardly troubling me at all and are pretty much negligible compared to this time last week.

Writing this next bit slightly prematurely but time kind of conspired against me. Popped a couple of sleepers at 2200 expecting to go through until at least 0300 when the nurse was coming in to hook me up to a bag of O + to prep me for Guys today. This is to be followed by another bag of platelets, then blood tests for Guys as proof they can go ahead with the P-Pheresis later today (Weds). Then more blood tests for the Kings College lab to give a daily count, then I have to finish a Glucose absorption test which has meant no dairy since midday today and NBM after midnight. They have to take a sample of a first thing pee then you need to drink a calibrated amount of glucose and deposit all of the pee produced for the next 5 hour in a special container. Next is to come off the NBM for breakfast (8ish), shower, shave and get my crap together for the trip to Guys, remembering my special piss pot all the while. I am so gagging for a strong black coffee about now.

Natruellement 2 sleepers (zopiclone) which would have normally been enough to stun the hind quarters of a bush buffalo  sprang me wide awake at midnight - thinking it 3am - and I go marching off down the ward to get the nurse to start the procedures and stay ahead of the game. So as a consequence I've spent 3 (not entirely wasted) hours tidying up my laptop i-tunes library which has detritus of every removable hard disk I've ever borrowed,  freebies, mojo and uncut cds, old podcasts and even bootleg stuff that I used to get from Kazzoo back in the early seeding days.

So after binning reams of duplicates, unknown classical pieces, untold samba, rhumba and salsa compilation albums, Celine 'Stumpmouth' Dion, - even get this - Noel Edmonds relaxional pan pipe moods (wtf)! any Queen album made after 'A Day at the Races' and any metal after 1992, I can finally see the wood for the trees. Just emptied the recycle bin and cleared 23.4gb of crap music.

Reading the above back on Weds night after most of the the stuff that should have happened did actually happen, I think I'll leave it unedited as the writing is actually kind of frazzled and cinema verite <bouf>.

Had to fight like a motherfunster to get some coffee and breakfast in the end - and the transport dept sent the vehicle to collect for me at the wrong building for an hour but apart from that all went swimmingly.
Going to go to sleep tonight looking like a Poundshop Wolverine. The photo-pheresis dept at Guys decided to leave the needles in my forearms overnight to speed things up for the second visit tomorrow. So for those of you who know about these things, I have a number 14 (green cuff) needle in each forearm plumbed into 2 catheters each dressed in gauze. For those of you who don't, try digging a pub dart horizontally along under your forearm skin for 3/4 inch and sticking it there with gaffer tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment