Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

T + 392 Fun with Q Tips.

It's fricking crazy 11mg (yeah U know I stashed one) of Zopiclone and awake again at 1.00am having been rendered stupid enough to eat a rice krispy marshmallow bar  - texture of a breeze block on my ulcers but too stupid to complete even the most elementary of Sudoku puzzles on my Nintendo DS, I think I just sat here looking at the pretty numbers...

Going to sit here and type out the brain farts until I can finally sleep. I can foresee a week or so of cold turkey from Zopiclone when I go home. It's not pleasant but I've done it before the pleasure of once again attaining natural sleep is worth a few days maybe weeks of disruption. Bored now.

Oh here we go set of swabs to do for weekly virus tests, 3 big Q-tips one for nose, one for throat and one for groin. Done and dusted and delivered also managed to scrounge a cup of hot cocoa while I was down there at the nurses station at the end of the ward.

Remembered another story from when I first checked in last week down in the chemo area (back room with the nurses at HOPS - Haemotology Out Patients). I had the rats because at the time I was in a shedload of gut pain and had been for weeks and had ended up having to wait for four hours while they juggled to find me a bed, first it was to be Davidson Ward then Waddington so I just sat hunched up and grey faced wishing the minutes away. Then a nurse appeared with a fistful of swabs and I tried vainly to remember where they went. Nose, Throat, Groin and lastly the Clacker for MRSA. So we did the first three and I said;

"This one in the bottom then?"
She looked at me said "No nose again this one"
"Oh OK"
Then another " Right this one then up the bum?"
Stark look "This one throat again"
I thought I needed to retrieve the situation -
"I hope you're not getting the wrong idea here I'm not fixated with sticking them all up my bum "- lame pervy sounding snigger.
I'm not gonna lie people - it hurt.

She handed me the last one "We only do one weekly MRSA and that's this last one"
Me " er... bum then?"
Nurse " To your hearts content" - big grin she had definitely made her mind up about me.

Ok 3am been spunking money on i-tunes buying up old 70's bands albums I've only got on vinyl otherwise, all the Be bop Deluxe, Tubeway Army, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. Did a custom playlist to show all the tracks I've actually purchased through i-tunes over the years and was staggered to find its 650+ I mean SHIT that's a lot of money on music.

Sleepy now may get a couple of hours.

I did until 5.08am so time for crisps and listening to all the music I just bought. Should have brought headphones with me like last time - as I tell Milo in the car ear damage is a small price to pay for the appreciation of good music. His eldest brother got away with it as I only had partial weekend custody while he was growing hence his music tastes were minimally influenced by me and are/were 90s onward and not the good stuff, Hip hop club street the wave of turd that washed away the previous 35 years of musicianship and songwriting. So with Milo I want at least to give him the choice of experiencing music from the 60s onwards as I did so that he can form his own personal tastes as opposed to the very disposable music that kids are sold today. Have to admit though that one of our bangers in the car is "Fight for your right to party" by the Beastie Boys.

Even though he will come to find his own tastes in music as he matures I would like Milo to experience the Beatles, Stones, Motown, Beach Boys through to 70s Rock and Punk, 80s New Wave and New Romantics and I think we'll get at far as grunge and mid nineties Brit Pop.  After this I think the scene just disappeared up it's own arse and started all over again. My musical tastes were informed my parents stuff from the sixties and the love of it has never left me. I hope to pass it on.

Off for shower and brekkers before they hook me up to the infuser again. I found that after I sat in the shower for 30 minutes yesterday that my blood pressure dropped from 150/96 down to 138/85 - not far off my pre-transplant norm - so they really do relax you and at least temporarily counteract the raising effect of all the meds. I'd guess ciclosporin is the guilty party here.



No comments:

Post a Comment